Wednesday 28 October 2009

What's it like to be a Lawyer?

Somehow a small child, presumably owned by one of the Mrs braying she demon acquaintances, has worked up the courage (or perhaps is just possessed of truly monumental levels of stupidity), disobeyed their parents strict rules never to talk to me, pierced the veil of hate and evil that visibly swirls round me and asked what it is like to be a lawyer.

Now I enjoy my job, it's my niche, shouting at people and ruining their lives is all I am good for (well, battlefleet tactics aswell but not a big gap in the market there at the moment) but I know that it is a truly horrible environment that no sane person would ever want to enter unless they are 1 a horrible horrible man or 2 a girl with ridiculously low self esteem who enjoys being treated like shit and shouted at by sadistic old duffers who should have been staked and buried millennia ago.

Fortunately I was able to summon a sound byte from The Thick of It to answer the query.

All I do: I work, I eat, I shower, that's it. Occasionally I take a dump, just as a sort of treat. I mean that really IS my treat. I sit there and I think - no, I'm not gonna read the New Statesman, this time is just for me. This is quality time just for me. Is it normal?

No comments:

Post a Comment